A number of people believe that antivirus software in your computer slows it down by about 50 percent. Years ago, it was partially true but the development of applications has changed to a greater extent. Moreover, there are numerous other reasons why your computer slows and bogs down, and antivirus alone certainly need not be blamed.
If you wish to know the reason why antivirus software slows down your computer, here is why.
Since antivirus software usually keeps your computer processor in working order due to regular scanning. Regular scans make the CPU usage higher.
Although scans can take place at scheduled intervals whenever a new application is installed or another external drive is inserted, the automatic scan is prompted for security reasons.
Now as soon as the scanning begins, the antivirus software compares the network drive with other malware software and it definitely needs to be accompanied with processing power.
And this requires the usage of the CPU. Moreover, we are already aware of the huge base of malware and this is why security suites must keep checking the malware database with time.
Why Is The PC Running Slow?
If you wish to understand the reasons why PCs are running slow, let’s explore them one by one. This might help you in understanding the reason if antivirus is slowing down the computer or there are other reasons behind the same.
- Hard Drive Problems: Check if your hard drive is already full and it doesn’t have a space to breathe. This portion definitely needs to be checked as space crunch slows the processing capabilities and hinders the overall performance of the computer.
- Outdated OS: If your operating system is not updated for a long time, you are most likely to face issues in smooth computer performance. As soon as you update the system, the computer speed picks up due to the resolution of coding issues.
- Malware intrusion: Malware could definitely be a reason for slowing down your computer. Some notorious malware could creep into your system and it is good if you place a free malware detector in your computer.
- Background programs: We often miss out on the fact that a number of programs ask your permission during startup. These apps open up instantly and start using the processing power of the computer. It is also possible that your computer is making loud noise or heating up more than normal and could be taken as a sign of repair.
Ways To Speed Up Your Computer
Now that you have understood that it is not antivirus that is slowing down your computer and there could be multiple other reasons behind its slow attitude, here are some ways to speed up your computer.
Install A Smart Antivirus (Systweak Antivirus)
Having antivirus software designed with modern algorithms and the newest technology is a blessing for your computer.
It not only keeps your computer out of viruses but also maintains speed and performance. One such tool is Systweak Antivirus.
Systweak Antivirus provides real-time protection to your computer while being active as the background app. From normal protection to malware and exploit protection, it takes care of everything in your system.
There are different scanning systems like Quick, Deep and Custom scans present in the system which makes sure that bad behaving files are grasped and removed quickly.
Its Performance Booster has an Ad Blocking extension which makes browsing safer for the overall system.
Other ways to keep the system running smoothly and free from the clutter include:
- Close All The Unused Apps: The computer often slows down naturally if there are a number of applications running in the background. This requires you to figure out all the programs which are open and close them instantly. You can even go through Task Manager to force close the applications.
- Delete files that are not needed: If there are files that are just lying down in the system without any use and taking space while hogging resources, deleting them is the most suitable option.
- Update the system: An outdated operating system can cause performance problems, especially if you keep adding new applications to the system. It is required that you keep the system updated along with updates of browsers, apps, streaming services, email clients, etc.
We hope that you understood the reasons behind the slowing down of computers already and found out if antivirus slows down your computer alone or not.
We recommend you to download a good antivirus software like Systweak antivirus in the system positively to fight potential threats and delete them all. Share more about your antivirus and views on Systweak Antivirus in the comments section below.